Friday, February 18, 2011

MAX G. PITCHER

Lost a dear family friend this week. We owe him a lot. 40 years ago, if Max hadn't been looking for a better location for a mountain hide-a-way and found it in Grand Lake then Runyan's wouldn't have followed him and bought the lot next door and we wouldn't have followed the Runyan's and bought the lot up the road and then Simcox's, Hileman's, Damstedt's etc........
How do you thank one family that has added so much to your memories. Cabin memories,
Denver memories and Alpine memories.
Diana and I pregnant with beautiful daughters at the same time. By the way Diana, you are one of the most gracious and kind people I have ever met. Called by Max to be Primary President because he liked the way I taught Tom in Sunbeams. Steve and his Primary Graduation----Steve, please forgive me for being so hard nosed. As you know I've lightened up a bunch in the passing years. Marcia offering me her spare room if I couldn't afford a room in New York on my necessary trips there. Shauna, watching you take over the duties of the oldest daughter, much like I have done with my Mom and Andi--no words can express how much I appreciate and love you. You constantly amaze me.
Last summer was so special to spend time with our grandchildren and your grandchildren at the cabin. They are the third generation that love and call Grand Lake home. Watching them all play and interact was a gift we'll always remember.

No comments: