Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Grandkids playing with the tree
Digging out Christmas decorations I ran onto the box with my 3 childhood dolls in it.
This is the last doll I received on my 11th Christmas--the year I found out the
dreadful "truth". Sheesh--I was 11!!!!--that's just embarrassing. Ruined my
Guess who picked out his very own Teddy Bear. Turned down two others
cold--but loved this one.
We usually have enough food.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Well this just hurts---because i think it's true.
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are a Bette!
You are a Bette -- "I must be strong"
Bettes are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.How to Get Along with Me
- * Stand up for yourself... and me.
- * Be confident, strong, and direct.
- * Don't gossip about me or betray my trust.
- * Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.
- * Give me space to be alone.
- * Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me.
- * I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack.
- * When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.
- * being independent and self-reliant
- * being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
- * being courageous, straightforward, and honest
- * getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
- * supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
- * upholding just causes
- * overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to
- * being restless and impatient with others' incompetence
- * sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it
- * never forgetting injuries or injustices
- * putting too much pressure on myself
- * getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right
- * are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
- * are sometimes loners
- * seize control so they won't be controlled
- * figure out others' weaknesses
- * attack verbally or physically when provoked
- * take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings
- * are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted
- * are sometimes overprotective
- * can be demanding, controlling, and rigid
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Our dog chewed this one.
Love my New York Ornaments
Talked my Mom out of one of the vintage ornaments off her tree. It's over 60 years old
The year we were blessed with Twin Grandchildren
Blown Glass from Venice-- never thought we would travel there.
It's always great to add a "Baby's First Christmas" ornament to the tree.
Favorite Movies - look'n a little washed out there Scarlett
But I think my favorites are the ones our children and grandchildren have
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
P.S. did I mention that when I do use the Library, the fines I rack up are usually enough to pay for the blooming book.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Our Dad loved this barn
Built in 1949--this was a fun place to grow up.
This is what a GIANT Band-Aid on a roof looks like
Men and food-- just seems to go together.
It was a good day.