1. Friends (Wendell & Judy and Janean & Amy), all in England at the same time.
3. We go for a walk to hamlet of Wentworth and stumble upon the Manor House "Wentworth Woodhouse" (which Wendell and I had previously missed about 10 times). Lots of workman there and "NO" we can't visit the house "as it has just changed owners" and "NO, they don't think they would be interested in a Home Exchange." But it looks so interesting and no one will tell us who just bought it.
5. Judy buys 2 of his books on Amazon and as he introduces himself in the first book and he starts talking about a house in England that had been in his family for 400 years and where he spent weekends with his owner/grandparents when home from boarding school.
6. Judy gets out of bed and fires up computer again to check out the name and location of house because it sounds familiar and sure enough ---he grew up in this house.
7. Close the loop and call Janean and tell her we finally know who owned the house--at least until 1969 when his family sold it. It was sold again in 1999 for 1.5 million Euro's and the renovating was an additional ?million Euros.