Thursday, June 3, 2010

THURSDAY EMAIL TO FAMILY

What a wonderful and fun filled day this has been so far. Didn't go to bed until 3 last night and DH started bugging me at 10:30 this morning to "get up". Son called yesterday to tell me that I had received a "jury duty" letter. Gave me the information I needed and so hubby and I are now in the library where I can "fill out my jury questionnaire" online. Except, get this-- the http://www.utcourts.gov/. website won't allow me to fill out my questionnaire if I have Vista or Windows 7 because their system isn't updated yet. Hello-- how long has Vista been out. Sure enough, I can't get to the form on either mine (Vista) or hubby's (W7) computer. So I slip right over to one of the library's permanent computers knowing that they are probably still operating Windows 98 and you guessed it--- they recently updated to Windows 7. The tiny library in the tiny town of Grand Lake, Colorado has a more updated computer system than the State of Utah's Court System. Son, I hope you put that letter in the mail this morning because I'm going to have to do this by snail mail. I could be arrested for non-compliance before I actually get the stupid form filled out. I'm pretty sure from the recording I got on the website that I can postpone it because I'm living out of the State. I really wouldn't mind serving since I've never been called to jury duty before but I want it to work the same as a mission call. I want to go where I want to go and when I want to go. Wish me luck. Mom

No comments: