Wednesday, February 11, 2009

READING, READING, READING.

Have you ever noticed how one thing leads to another and another and another.

In December I heard, after the fact, about a documentary that had aired on PBS titled "Inheritance". Although I had missed it on T.V. I discovered that their website was airing it in its entirty until January 12.




It was gripping. We left a few days later for California for two months. California might be the land of oranges and sun for some but it's the land where I settle down and take advantage of the great library's at Oceanside and Carlsbad. We've been here a month and I've finished 14 books. Yes, I'm a fast reader.

Anyway, the first trip to the Oceanside Library produced a new book on my list to read, "Searching for Schindler". "Inheritance" and "Schindler" took place in the same camp. Two days later I'm in Costco and the a lady in front of me is buying "Schindler's List". I mention that she might be interested in "Inheritance" and she tells me about "Girl in Hyacinth Blue". Meanwhile I've rented "Schindler's List" and also taken in the movie "Defiance". It occurs to me that maybe I need to take a break and read something a little lighter. I try but just can't seem to let it go.

Find another one with short essays titled " Small Miracles of the Holocaust" and finished up with


The Pages in Between" by Erin Einhorn which was excellent. Unfortunately, having access to two great library's does not cut down on my book buying. I've already bought three of the ones that I've read. I know, I know, just don't harp at me about it.

1 comment:

Ken Mac said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, and for checking it out so thoroughly! I really appreciate your taking the time. I like your blog as well. Inheritance sounds very interesting. Keep traveling...