Tuesday, May 20, 2008

SUNDAY NEW YORK TIMES

I love the "special graphic T" that is featured in the supplement magazines occasionally ie: Fashion, Men's Fashion, Travel, Food etc. I look forward each time to seeing what the "T" looks like.




Recent Highlights

1. Leonie Faroll, class o9f 49, left Wellesley College gifts of $860,000. before she died. When she died in 2003 she left them $27 million. Most of it was to be used for the power plant. Whatever


2. Albert Hofmann, the chemist who discovered LSD died last week.


3.Multi-racial children are so rare in China they cause the Chinese to stare.


4. A photo of Alvar Aalto's 1978 vase. Gotta get me one of those. Sure.




5. The history of the song "Take Me Out to the Ball Game"


6. A great review of the new book titled "Who Do You Think You Are". Just want I need-- another book I have to buy.

7. And last but not least a fun article about Le Roy, N.Y. being the Jell-O kingdom of the world---you heard me-- it's not Utah like we always thought. They have a museum and some interesting facts include 1. Jello is 80% sugar, 2.Norman Rockwell illustrated early ads, 3. Jello issued baseball cards in the 60's and there was a Very Berry Barbie doll which helped introduce a new flavor. The article ended with the quote "How do you ruin Jell-O?"





Hard to choose a favorite, but I really like this one.







5 comments:

maggie moran said...

I love the covers, too! Thanks for doing this post and highlighting them.

Dana and Daisy said...

I like the vase and the T with the miniature books too. Of course I would, being a bookartist at heart.

Sorry to hear your weather is so crummy still. Spring will come your way soon I hope

Rue said...

Hi Judy :)

Great covers!

As far as trying chocolate to get through this... does eating everything in the pantry qualify? ;)

I hope you're having a great day in the garden!
rue

Cheryl said...

I love the second one....was it blanc slate......really lovely.
Unusual post....fun.

Katy said...

I thought you might enjoy this story that we did on a Florida woman whose family served as models for Normal Rockwell.

Enjoy!

http://growingbolder.com/media/Entertainment/Arts/The-Faces-That-Made-Norman-Rockwell-140764.html

Katy Widrick
Executive Producer, GrowingBolder.com