Monday, February 15, 2010

HAPPY PRESIDENTS DAY

GEORGE WASHINGTON: "I walk on untrodden ground. There is scarcely any part of my conduct which may not hereafter be drawn into precedent"

THOMAS JEFFERSON: "I do not take a single newspaper, nor read one a month, and I feel myself infinitely the happier for it".

JAMES K. POKE: "There is more selfishness and less principle among members of Congress than I had any conception of, before I became President of the US."

WOODROW WILSON: "If you want to make enemies, try to change something."

FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT: "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."

HARRY TRUMAN: "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference."

DWIGHT EISENHOWER: "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

No comments: